FC2 Help Needed - Apache 2.0 Source Location for mod_jk build

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 21:23:09 UTC 2004

Lukas:

You do not need Apache with Tomcat 5.0. Tomcat provides its own html processes so that you don't have to run both Apache and Tomcat at the same time.  However, if you wish to build Apache, the sources should be in /usr/src/apache.
apxs will only exist after you build apache and will be in the <apache_dir>/bin directory.  I usually build apache to appear in /opt/apache.  Thus your apache configure command should be ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --with-modue=jk.  Your Tomcat source files should be in /usr/src/tomcat, if I remember correctly.
Good luck building Tomcat and Apache.

James McKenzie