From: Jon Ingason <Jon Ingason telia com>
Sent: Oct 19, 2004 3:02 PM
To: Feodora Users List <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Kernel panic: Fatal exception in interrupt

I am trying to install Feodora 2 from CD I loaded from Internet
and burn on CD. The MD5 sum for the iso file is correct.

The problem is that I get Call Trace with Kernel panic:
The display show following:

.
.
mouting /tmp as ramfs... done
running install...
running /sbin/loader
.
.
.
Call Trace:
[...
.
.
.
<0> Kernel panic: Fatal exception in interrupt
In interrupt handler - not syncing

The computer I am trying to install FC 2 on has RedHat 8 instalation
which runs OK on this platform. My question is what is the problem?

-- Jon