Repacing a driver

After getting some advice here I have downloaded a new driver for my AVM ISDN card.

I ran the install script which amongst other things copied fcpci.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/extra/fcpci.ko
and I assume ran depmod.

If I disable kudzu and reboot I have no isdn driver. I then

modprobe fcpci
modprobe capi
modprobe isdn
and the new driver appears to load.

If I enable kudzu and reboot it loads the old driver - hisax.

What is the correct way to get kudzu to recognize my driver and get it to load on boot up.

Thanks

Ian