Re: Diagnostic tool in Linux

Randy Kelsoe wrote:
Rajiv wrote:

Dear All,
Are there any opensource diagnostic tools in linux. My system is getting hanged for a frequency of 2 days. My system is working fine for 2 days after that it is getting hanged. I would like to do testing of harddisk, memory and all peripherals.

Do a search for 'Ultimate Boot CD'. It is a downloadable ISO image that can be burned to cd, and then booted. It is quite a collection of diags for memory, disks, etc.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

I used it to test my system and found no problem. I am still trying to find the problem. My lockups are about six-eight weeks apart.

-- Robin Laing