Re: Porblems creating RW discs in K3B

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 15:53, akonstam trinity edu wrote:

> As usual I am confused by this discussion. As far as I can see
> cdrecord, k3b and xcdroast can effectively use only CD-R disks.
> They can not format CD-RW disks as Windows software can do allowing
> you to use the CD just like you would use a hard drive in reading and
> writing to it. So why would anyone use the more expensive CD-RW disks
> on Linux systems?
>
> Does anyone have a different take on this matter?

Well cdrecord et al can *blank* a CD-RW disk so that you can use it
again. That is a very good reason to use CD-RW media.

At the moment UDF formatted discs that can be treated like a hard drive
are not supported but I believe support is coming.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com