GUI firewall

fabiano fabiano.panther at infinito.it
Wed Oct 20 15:29:15 UTC 2004

Jeremy Conlin wrote:

> On 2004-10-20 09:15:40 -0400, fabiano <fabiano.panther at infinito.it> said:
>

>> Sorry, I have forgotten.. it is a gnome wondow manager application I
>> think..
>> If you use gnome..try:
>> Menu
>> System setting->Security Level
>

> I guess I did install that because it is there and that is almost
> exactly what I wanted.  I was hoping it would have a check box to
> enable a certain process through, for example vnc, which I think uses
> port 5901.  How do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

I you start the VNC service from system seting->server setting->services
perhaps VNC service'll appear in the list of trusted applications. (the
windows in the bottom).
You can also open the port related to vnc service (at the moment I don't
know what is,let's search in google=)) ).
In such a situation you can enable VNC wthout letting it as a service.
Cheers