I've had enough

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Wed Oct 20 16:22:30 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "HaJo Schatz" <hajo at hajo.net>
To: "James Mckenzie" <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>; "For users of Fedora Core
releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: I've had enough

> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 23:55, James Mckenzie wrote:
> > Walter and others:
> >
> > When you 'suggest' read the archives, where are they?
>
> eg www.gmane.org
>
> But I also find it not acceptable to ask newcomers to consult the
> archives while being well aware that the official archive (@ redhat.com)
> is horribly broken -- and no-one seeming to care to fix it or at least
> putting a link to a working archive there...
>
> --
> HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
> http://www.HaJo.Net

FWIW, I typically start with Google and then refine from there....when I
cannot scare anything up there by messing with my keywords I'll then ask the
list (RH's Lists as well...) .  With few exceptions...the community has
never failed as a last line of defense.  The official archive may be broken
but there's a good chance that what you're after is out there.  None of us
late comers are blazing any new trails...someone's struggled with it before
we did to be certain!

-Eucke