Re: problems with later added DDS-2 tape-unit

fedora-list-request redhat com wrote:

Hello there!

I have added a DDS-2 tape-unit on an already installed FC2 system (running 2.6.6-1.435 kernel). Although the st mod shows up in lsmod, the tape-unit sometimes just 'disappeares' when I try to use it, with for example tar.

Is there any chance it is a hardware issue?

Nope, I doubt that very much. Because it has worked. It's a HP unit on a Adaptec 2940 UW controler, so I don't see a problem there either. I use a DLT on FC2 on the same type controler at home on one box, and two DDS-3 on also the same controler (also FC2) on another box. But these were already in the machine when I installed FC2.

Thanks for any help, Angelo