Sound Card Upgrade Issues

Chris Clarke chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:32:43 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone,

    I'm trying to upgrade my  sound card and having some problems.
I've got an onboard sound card which fedora recognized and setup no
problem, but I'd like to use a Creative Labs Audigy LS card that I got
the other day.  So I rebooted the computer and disabled the onboard
sound through BIOS, then I shut it down and popped the new card in.
Kudzu said nothing about finding new hardware, and the boot went fine.
 If I use "lspci" the new Audigy card is listed and recognized, but
the sound is still coming out of the onboard soundcard ?!?  I've
checked in the BIOS and it claims that the onboard sound is disabled,
but it's lying 'cause I'm listening to xmms right now :)  Any ideas on
what I can do?  TIA,

Chris