Re: How to start in text mode and run startx after?

> Hello,
> I installed Fedora Core 2 without any problem.
> When I boot the server, the system start in graphic mode by itself.
> I would like to start the system in text mode and launch the GUI by hand
> with "startx".
>
> Where can I tell fedora to start in text mode?
>
> Thank you
> Paolo

As root use your favorite editor an change the line:
id:5:initdefault:
id:3:initdefault:
in the file /etc/inittab.
This will cause you to boot up in run level 3 where you can log in and issue
a startx command to start X windows.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.