Porblems creating RW discs in K3B

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Oct 20 22:18:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:04:23 +0200, Markus Huber wrote:

> Am Do, den 21.10.2004 schrieb akonstam at trinity.xxx um 0:00:
>
> > What you say above is even more amazing. You are saying that you can
> > write to a CD-RW in linux using one of the cd writing programs and
> > somehow erase what you have written and use it now as a CD-RW cd
> > writing and reading to it. How exactly do you remove what you have
> > written the first time?
>
> Just don't understand what you mean. I'm quite new to linux (8 months),
> but I have always been able to erase CD-RWs through k3b, I did not need
> to get into the knowledge of burning through shell-commands.
>
> k3b was working like Nero under Windows for me. No learning, no
> restrictions, I just used it. Sorry, I cannot give you the english title
> of german "Mehrfachsitzung" -

multi-session

> I run Fedora in german language, but the
> command has the same name as in Nero. Just select something like
> "erase", and your CR-RW is empty. I did that 100s of times with k3b.

k3b detects RW (RW = ReWritable) CD media and either offers to blank
it prior to burning or can be configured to blank it automatically.

There's still http://www.cdrfaq.org which covers a lot of common
questions.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.56 1.31 1.00