Re: How to block a module load

eric tanguy wrote:

At boot time 2 module are loaded for my remote (ati_remote and
lirc_atiusb). The first loaded (ati_remote) block the device for itself
and the device can't be used by lirc_atiusb. i have modprobe -r ati_remote
and lirc_atiusb and the modprobe lirc_atiusb. So how to disable ati_remote
Thanks
Eric

try adding 'alias ati_remote 0' to modprobe.conf file. See man modprobe.conf for more info, I don't remember the exact syntax and I'm not at my linux box.