FC2 behavior changes annoying

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 21 13:50:27 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 01:25, Dave Close wrote:
>>2. There are several ways to initiate moving a window around on the
>>   screen. But with FC2, there seem to be some limits on where I
>>   can move it. I can still move it down so that only the title bar
>>   remains visible. Moving it to the left or right stops with about
>>   an inch of the window still visible even though I have plenty of
>>   title bar still available to push on. And it is impossible to move
>>   the window's title bar above the top of the screen. All of these
>>   movements were possible in previous Red Hat releases.
>>

> Why would you want to move the title bar above the screen top?  If you

I got my Kicker centered at the top of my left screen (I got Xinerama
running 2 screens). It occupies maybe 75% of the width of the left
screen. However, I am unable to use (conveniently) some area on the
right screen too, because KDE would not let me move a window higher than
the lower border of kicker. So I end up with a stripe of perfectly good
screen area being wasted...

> did that you would not have access to the minimize/maximize/close
> buttons on the title bar ever again. and many windows remember their
> last position so reopening them would give the same problem even if you
> killed them to get them off the screen after making the title bar
> inaccessible.
>
> I like the limitation that makes the title bar accessible no matter
> where you try to move it.

I like choice and configurability. I want to switch that off.

Greets,

//Andro

--
Andrey Andreev