Secure Email While traveling

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Thu Oct 21 16:40:49 UTC 2004

John Garmany wrote:

> I am looking at ways to both send and retrieve email while traveling.
> Since I use hotel internet connections and public wireless connection,
> I am looking at a way to secure the connection.  My traveling laptop
> is windows.

Assuming you control the server, why not install a webmail package on
the server and send/retrieve via your browser.

We use qmail and sqwebmail for exactly that reason, and I can do it from
any box, not just mine, anywhere in the world. Great when you hit an
Internet cafe in a third world country and don't have to set anything up
on some foreign box.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com