Re: Multi-port serial cards in FC2

Brian Mury wrote:
>I have a four RS-232 port PCI card in addition to the motherboards 2
>RS-232 ports. It works fine with FC2. It's a Lava Quattro-PCI.
>What cards are you using?

Note that I was speaking of an 8-port card. Without a modem card, a
4-port card would work fine as it would take ttyS4 through ttyS7. But
going above ttyS7 or adding a modem at ttyS4 is where the problems
lie. The brands I tried are Byterunner and Axxon, different chip sets
both recognized and configured by kudzu.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "What right does Congress have to go
dave compata com, +1 714 434 7359   around making laws just because they