Re: Mic-in not working on nForce2 IGP

Rasmus Back wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to get skype to work on FC2. I have a headset which I've
connected to the headphone and mic-in ports on my motherboard
(A7N8X-VM/400, nForce 2 IGP). When making a call I can hear the
receiver, but the receiver can't hear me. I suspect that the mic-in
port is misconfigured, the driver (i810) may think it's the rear
speakers port or somesuch, but I don't know where to test this. I've
played around with the mic slider in gnomes' alsa mixer, but no
change.

Is anyone using a microphone with an nForce2 board and the i810
driver? What settings should I try to change?

Mine works after I unchecked the MUTE box and checked the Rec. box in the mixer. nForce2 ABIT NF7 w/AC97 sound (snd-intel8x0 module).

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Kevin J. Cummings