Re: Remote connection to MySQL server...?

Andrey Andreev wrote:

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

This is going off topic now, but how can I copy database X from host A to
host B. To be more clear, I installed MySQL on machine A and I've created
a database with a bunch of tables, etc. Now I want to copy that database
to machine B (which also has MySQL installed on it).

It's called mysqldump, and it comes with the standard MySQL install.

Greets,

//Andro

Christopher,

A better tool to use is phpMyAdmin...its a web-based MySQL Admnistration tool. Be sure to NOT allow access from external to the specifc directory you install it to, if you have not set a local password for the root MySQL user.

-Phillip