GUI firewall

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Oct 22 02:29:18 UTC 2004

Jeremy Conlin wrote:
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5900            0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      -
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5901            0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN      -

Jeremy, port 5900 (DISPLAY :0) is your X11 console.  This is the session
you are logged into on the remote machine (the machine to sshed to).
port 5901 is a virtual X11 desktop started by the vncserver service in
/etc/init.d.  They are 2 different X11 sessions that you can connect to
via vnc.  They probably have 2 different password files (unless you
copied one to the other like I did) and a connection to :1 will give you
  a different desktop than a connection to :0.

You should concentrate on one or the other.  Trying to debug both is
getting confusing!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com