Problem with RHBG (partially solved) (update)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 22 03:15:48 UTC 2004

James Mckenzie wrote:

>All:
>
>While I was googling for a solution to the problem with moving /usr/lib to /opt/lib, I came across an article on the (GASP!) debian mailing list that states that rhbg has hard-coding for particular library files to be in a particular location.  Thus, I will have to 'leave' some files in /usr/lib if I want to continue to use this program.  Oh well, I can live with 5-10 MB of files in this directory.
>I think that the remaining problems that I had will be solved with adding some code to the profile file in /etc to add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to all sessions.
>
>Also, this might not be the best forum to post this in, and I will look into the other Fedora forums.
>
>James McKenzie

All:

Well, I got home tonight and tried to reboot the system and it failed.
I discovered the problem was the order of directories in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  rhgb will not run even if I inserted this line in the
rc.sysinit and init.d/functions file.  I can live without a graphic boot
screen as long as gnome/BlueCurve runs and applications will continue to
run within it.  I will continue to move files from /usr/lib to
/opt/lib.  More to follow.

James McKenzie