3D accelleration on HP Omnibook XE3 with S3 86C270-294 Savage IX-MV - no acceleration with FC2 ?

M.Clasen webmaster at hg-carstyling.de
Fri Oct 22 13:53:26 UTC 2004

Hello listers,

i got an HP Omnibook XE3 with S3 86C270-294 Savage IX-MV gfx-card and an
up2date FC2. There is no 3D acceleration with the shipped driver.

The output of glxinfo contains the line

"direct rendering: No"

I know from a previous WindowsXP Installation, that the card is able, to
do such acceleration, i saw that with dxdiag.exe .

All needet gl/glx software seems to be installed on my FC2.

What can i do, to enable the 3D-acceleration ?

Some hints from you will be great :)

Best regards

Michael