Online replication of mail boxes

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Oct 22 14:47:36 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 21.10.2004 schrieb dhananjoy um 22:22:

> I have tried the "always_bcc" of POSTFIX but its not of much help.
>
> Regarding RSYNC it can be helpful if i use IMAP instead of POP3 (
> because most of the time the users mail boxes will be empty as they use
> POP3).

Regarding rsync please see the comments Tom made.

To differ between IMAP and POP3 accounts in this topic does not make
sense - especially the way you seem to do. From server side view there
is no real difference between the IMAP INBOX and the POP3 INBOX. You can
access the same INBOX either using IMAP or POP3 and you will get the
same mails.

> If you have any other options (may be commercial product) kindly let me
> know.

For redundancy use Cyrus-IMAPd murder. (Though it has IMAP in the name
it serves for IMAP _and_ POP3.)

> Dhananjoy

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 16:43:15 up 2 days, 13:22, load average: 1.35, 1.35, 1.33