Re: what happens when internet connection dies while running up2date

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, ashwin kesavan iyengar wrote:

> Hi,
>       Consider a situation where the Internet connection between me &
> ISP dies when running up2date (this happens often in my case). Will it
> leave my system corrupted. If it does what r the alternatives i have
> to keep my box updated.

With yum - the rpm transaction doesn't begin untill ALL packages
required for the transaction are downloaded & md5sums verified (and
gpgchecked - if enabled). So there is no way corruption can happen due
to bad network connection/interruptions.

I would think the behavior is same for up2date.

Satish