what happens when internet connection dies while running up2date

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Sat Oct 23 19:29:26 UTC 2004

I have a some what similar situation, when I use up2date some portions of
the networking fails, on my machine I have noticed named needs to be
started.

Nslookup works on the firewall FC2 machine, but any machine on the internal
network cannot resolve a name via NAMED running on the firewall which was
just doing an up2date.