Re: Fedora For Kids

Christof Damian wrote:
Is anyone working on a "Fedora For Kids" ? I know there is a project
like this for debian (Debian Junior
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/index )

The daughter of my brother started playing around with fedora. She is
mostly using gimp, but I think a simple preset with big icons to start
a few applications (gimp, abiword and maybe some games) would make it
even more intresting for her.

I probably setup the box for her, but I guess there might be a wider
interest.

christof

For my 3 (just about 4) year old daughter, I simply set up a user account for her, and put the icons for the apps she wants on her own task bar.

She's learned how to log herself in, use gaim to say hello to me while I'm at work, and she loves tux-paint, pinball, khangman, tuxracer, and super-tux.

Clint