Dell laptop function key

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Sat Oct 23 22:15:48 UTC 2004

My Dell Latitude laptop has a "function" key. When pressed in combination
with the "F1" key, it should cause the machine to enter the BIOS set-up;
in combination with "F3", it should show battery status; in combination
with "Esc", it should put the machine in sleep mode.

All these functions worked fine running Red Hat 8. Having upgraded to
FC2, I find that none of them are now working. Since I still had RH8 on
a different disk, I put that back in and found that the keys started
working again. So there is nothing wrong with the machine. But somehow
FC2 is preventing those key combinations from reaching the BIOS.

Can anyone tell me what configuration element may need to be changed to
get the keys working again?
--
       Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave at compata.com              dhclose at alumni.caltech.edu
         "The Edsel is here to stay."  -- Henry Ford II, 1957