Re: Unable to open USB device - a second time - SOLVED for the printer

Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

<------------------- Snip----------------------------->

Thank you for taking interest in solving the issues.  It seems like
all the probing and command inputs have made my TP realize it has a
printer connected.  When rebooting I entered the new HW configuration,
so now the printer problem seems to have gone away.  And no error
messages either as far as I can see.

Thanks again and I will come back in case I am unable to figure out
how the scanner part works.

Truls

Truls,
      To have your scanner work try as root 'ptal-init setup' and follow
the instructions,with the printer turned on ;-) of course.

david (PSC-2110)