software for slide show / presentation question

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Oct 24 12:27:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 13:17, Ragnar Wiencke wrote:
> Hi there guys.
>
> I need an application to set up a slide show of some pictures (jpg,
> bmp files) on some machines. I guess there is a bunch of application
> for that job but I do not know any at the time. So please, give me a
> hint where to start. I use Gnome on the machines that are supposed to
> run this show.

Try:

display -delay 200 -backdrop *.jpg *.bmp

display is part of the ImageMagick package. This will display each image
for two seconds, in the order that the files are specified on the
command line (in the example, all the jpg files in order, then all the
bmp files).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>