httpd problem & Q

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 15:58:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

If I go into firefox and type as the URL 127.0.0.1 I get the default
Apache page. I have set in /var/www/html a pile of symlinks to /web and
have in the httpd.conf to follow symlinks.

If I say go to 127.0.0.1/atj, I get the following errors

8--->
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /atj on this server
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request
<---8

/web and it's contents belong to me and have been chmod'd to 755
recursively.

Pages are served from /var/www/html. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong
here? I've set up Apache a number of times on different machines (inc.
another FC3t3 box - if I copy the script, then I still get the same
errors) and haven't seen this problem before.

DocumentRoot inside the <VirtualHost>, where should DocumentRoot point
to? Is it relative to /var/www/html or is it an absolute path?

TTFN

Paul

--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer