Re: openoffice up2date -- disk space

Joshua Andrews wrote:

I know this is off the wall but anyway, after running up2date today I seem to have lost 200MB of disk space.

I thought maybe the openoffice rpms were cached somewhere but there is nothing in /tmp or /var to account for 200MB.

only xpdf and openoffice were updated, up2date is configured not to store the rpms, so where did 200MB go?

If up2date is configured for deleting rpm after installation the resolution of the mistery may be the headers of rpm (.hdr files) that are necessary for a correct up2date use.