Re: Add packages without installation CD

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 13:15, Giulio Sorrentino wrote:
> Jeremy Conlin wrote:
>
> > I would like to install some additional packages (~20) on a remote
> > computer.  Since the computer is remote, I can't put the CD into the
> > drive and let the "Add Packages" utility access the CD.  I have
> > downloaded the FC2 images and have tried mounting them on the desktop,
> > but that didn't work either.
> >     I know there is a way to install each of these individually, but
> > since there are ~20 of them, I would like the installer to just take
> > care of it for me.  For example, I want to add the Web Server packages
> > to my installation.  How can I do this?

    Or just get the newer versions of the repos with apt or yum,
assuming there's bandwidth for it.  Both will install packages with
their dependencies so you won't have to know and enter them all.

    Cheers
Brian FahrlÃnder                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller