Fedora Core 2 hangs at enabling swap space

dkutz at telusplanet.net dkutz at telusplanet.net
Sun Oct 24 19:42:04 UTC 2004

Hello

I recently installed Fedora Core 2 on my laptop (a dual boot system Windows XP
FC2) an Averatec 6100 Pentium 4 with 3 ghz processor, 512 mb ram, 40gb hd, and
the install went ok but when i try to boot to FC2. I got an error message that
said, "modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting floppy
(/lib/modules/2.6.543585smp/kernel/drivers/block/floppy.ko): no such device".
I fixed this problem by booting in as a single user. To fix this I rebooted
the system and booted in as a single user and edited the first line of the
file modprobe.conf to read "install floppy /bin/true" and that fixed that. I
rebooted and the system now hangs at enabling swap space. I have looked for a
solution on many search engines and in IRC chat to no avail. Can anyone help
me with this. Thanks in advance. PythonPro
dkutz at telusplanet.net