Re: Choosing kernel automatically at Boot - Beginner -

Satish Balay wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

joshua neff wrote:

I open the terminal, logged in as root, typed "chmod
+w /etc/grub.conf" and it still gives me a permission

HOW did you login as root? Root should not have any problem with permissions for chmod of any local file

Also, the file should be: /boot/grub/grub.conf (its not in /etc)

No, but /etc/grub.conf is a link to /boot/grub/grub.conf in a normal Fedora installation.

Satish