Re: what happens when internet connection dies while running up2date

ashwin kesavan iyengar wrote:

Hi,
     Consider a situation where the Internet connection between me &
ISP dies when running up2date (this happens often in my case). Will it
leave my system corrupted. If it does what r the alternatives i have
to keep my box updated.

Up2date usually will pick up where the connection was broken. It will download any partially downloaded files. I use a external program, such as GFTP, for very large file downloads and put them into the same directory that up2date puts them into.

James McKenzie