can I sell fedora?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Oct 25 01:40:36 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ... must ... not ... criticize ... top posting ... :-)
>
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, dyzelinis wrote:
>

>>Yes, that is exactly to the point! I want my friend company to sell
>>Fedora to me, and I will get tax refund, and I can share that refund
>>with my friend. Our law says, that I will get tax refund, when I by
>>new OS software. With Windows, SUSE and other comercial OS'es
>>everything is fine, because someone sells the software and I can buy
>>it.
>

> does the word "kickback" mean anything to you?  this seems to be
> dangerously close to tax fraud, if you agree to purchase something at
> an unrealistically high price for the tax benefits, only to kick back
> some of those benefits to the supplier.

*NOTICE* IANAL!  This sounds exactly like tax fraud!  He wants to claim
to have spent some amount of money for this OS on his taxes, when in
fact he has spent nothing.  He then wants to split that savings with the
"person" who may (or may not have) actually "supplied" him with the OS
for no cost to him.  Sounds like a combination of tax fraud and money
laundering to me.  But, then again, I Am Not A Lawyer....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net