no space left?

Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net info at hostinthebox.net
Mon Oct 25 03:28:46 UTC 2004

Chill out, you're probably not out of space.

What more than likely is happening is that you're out of inodes or file
allocation units.  'df -i' will show allocation totals and usage.

This happens a lot if you have many mant small files, such as in the
case where you have a mail server with very many mails in queue.  Give
that a go, and investigate from there.

Thanks
-dant