problems building modules

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Oct 25 05:54:55 UTC 2004

I am running Fedora Core 3 Test 2 updated to current in Rawhide
development.

Now when I try and load modules I have compiled, I get the error message:

prism2_cs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

It does not matter which module I build.

Grepping through the source, the vermagic symbol is exactly the same.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

I have done a number of searches, and none of the postings give any
reasonable clue of what is going wrong.

And, yes, i have compiled these before and they worked fine. (Or at least
they loaded and did things. wlan-ng drivers tend to segfault on shutdown.)

Ideas?