Fedora For Kids

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Oct 25 15:01:04 UTC 2004

Christof Damian wrote:
> Is anyone working on a "Fedora For Kids" ? I know there is a project
> like this for debian (Debian Junior
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/index )
>
> The daughter of my brother started playing around with fedora. She is
> mostly using gimp, but I think a simple preset with big icons to start
> a few applications (gimp, abiword and maybe some games) would make it
> even more intresting for her.
>
> I probably setup the box for her, but I guess there might be a wider
> interest.
>
> christof

Standard FC1 with added games and such.

My 2 (almost 3) loves playing some games.  Set up his own account.

My 7 (almost 8) does school work and other stuff.  Her own account.

Both have configured Mozilla bookmarks to educational/game sites as
appropiate.

In both cases, put applications on the bar for ease of usage.

Linux gives me the tools to work with and try applications to ensure
that they are useful.

--
Robin Laing