hard drive recovery

Duy Nguyen casperalaska at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:49:37 UTC 2004

Hi, I have a hard drive problem, don't know if it's recoverable.  Basically,
i had a dual boot on a single the hard drive with 6 partitions(windows and
mandrake), and there was a small hard disk error with overlapping linux and
windows files.  I decided to try fedora 2 out.  Fedora recognizes the error
and wants to do something about it before installing.  It says that it wants
to erase and fix the error.  I clicked yes in hoping that it will erase just
a particular partition that has error, however, to my suprise, it erase
everything.  I have a feeling that this is recoverable, because it does it
like in 3 seconds, so it can't really format my whole 80gb that quick.  I
stopped it right there and try to find a solution to it.  Right now, redhat
or windows cd recognizes it as empty partition.  Is there a way for me to
recover this.  Is there any redhat utility for me to undelete this partion.
I forgot to back this 80gb data up, i hope  someone can tell me a way to
recover it.

Duy