[OT] Lexmark z32

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 19:35:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 15:28, John Hodges wrote:
> Not really a Fedora-specific problem, but as this is a helpful and
> high-traffic list, I figured I'd ask anyways. I have a Lexmark z32 set up on
> my machine and am using the lxm3200 driver. Print quality, on the whole, is
> pretty good. The strange problem I have, however, is that the second page of
> a document is never printed. I spooled a 3-page document, it printed page 1,
> then said the printer was out of paper (it wasn't). I hit "Page Feed" and
> watched page 3 print out, and the job ended. I re-spooled the job and the
> exact same thing happened. I was able to complete the job by spooling page 2
> by itself, but this is going to become a nuisance when printing longer
> documents. Has anyone encountered this before? Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,

You don't mention if you get this same behavior with different files or
just the one file.  If just the one file then I would suspect something
odd in how the driver is handling the page breaks.  If all documents
have the same behavior then it may be a driver problem.

You may need to try a different print driver, it is not apparent that
the one you are using matches the printer in question.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Howe's Law:
	Everyone has a scheme that will not work.