Apache, FC2 and Virtual Servers

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Mon Oct 25 21:23:52 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Dalloz" <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: Apache, FC2 and Virtual Servers
Am Fr, den 22.10.2004 schrieb Eucke Warren um 23:38:

> In the old days...I'd fart with rc.websites and the httpd.conf and I was
off
> and running....sigh...
>
> -Eucke

Can we expect that you read the Apache's access_log and error_log? Hope
you know that Apache2 on Fedora will always show by default the test
page when the index page is missing (due to the welcome.conf).

Alexander

I did read the log files....I have made some progress but this is just
bewildering!  If I use the following URL http://63.237.193.50 I get the
following error

Forbidden

and in the logs I see

[Mon Oct 25 14:15:35 2004] [error] [client 63.237.193.10] Directory index
forbidden by rule: /home/grassroots/html/

I have a.htaccess file with Options Indexes and, as far as I know Indexing
is enabled in the httpd.conf.  File permissions are all set to 755 and the
Owner is is correct as is the group.  What am I overlooking?  It's like it
does not know to look for the index.htm.  You can, btw, navigate directly to
http://63.237.193.50/index.htm and you can view the page with no errors.

What am I overlooking?  Thank you!

-Eucke