FC1 Yum help please

Dave Lester dlester at davenet.org
Mon Oct 25 23:41:42 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz said:
> Am Di, den 26.10.2004 schrieb Dave Lester um 0:50:
>
>> I'm having a bad yum day.  I have a FC1 box that is remote and I am
>> trying
>> to upgrade using yum.
>>
>> When I run yum -c yum.conf update I get the following messages and the
>> update fails.
>
> Please show your yum.conf you try to use for upgrading.
>
>> [root at pigpen log]# yum -c yum.conf update
>> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
>> Server: Fedora Core 1 - Development Tree
>
> What server is that? You point to the development / rawhide? Don't if
> you want to just upgrade to FC2.
>
>> Server: fedora-core-2 http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/2/i386/os
>> Finding updated packages
>> Downloading needed headers
>> Resolving dependencies
>> .Package redhat-config-date needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not
>> available.
>> Package redhat-config-users needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not
>> available.
>> Package redhat-config-mouse needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not
>> available.
>> Package redhat-config-network-tui needs /usr/bin/python2.2, this is not
>> available.
>
> This is a known issue. You should remove the redhat-config-* tool before
> upgrading. See for hints
>
> http://www.linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/misc/fc1-fc2-yum-hints.txt
>
>> Dave Lester

Alexander

Thanks for your speedy reply  Here is my yum.conf file

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

#[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever

#[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever

#[updates-testing]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-testing-fc$releasever

#[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
~

--