FC1 Yum help please

Dave Lester dlester at davenet.org
Tue Oct 26 00:21:06 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz said:
> Am Di, den 26.10.2004 schrieb Dave Lester um 1:41:
>
>> [main]
>> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
>> debuglevel=2
>> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
>> pkgpolicy=newest
>> distroverpkg=redhat-release
>
> Does this come from a previous Red Hat release?

It must because it was already in the config file.

> distroverpkg=fedora-release
>
>> tolerant=1
>> exactarch=1
>> retries=20
>> obsoletes=1
>>
>> # PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
>> # in /etc/yum.repos.d
>>
>> #[base]
>
> Why are the [foo] lines commented?

Because I didn't know they weren't suppose to be.  :)

>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
>> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
>>
>> #[updates-released]
>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
>> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
>>
>> #[updates-testing]
>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/
>> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-testing-fc$releasever
>
> Why testing repository chosen?

No particular reason --- removed from config.

>> #[development]
>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
>> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
>
> What do you think you will get with this repository active?

Apparently I get nothing so I removed it.

>> Dave Lester
>
> [base]
> name=Fedora Core 2 - $basearch - Base
> baserul=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/2/$basearch/os/
>
> [updates-released]
> name=Fedora Core 2 - $basearch - Released Updates
> baseurl=http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/$basearch/
>

> This is set for East Coast where you seem to reside (taken from
> timezone). Please read carefully the hints from Seth before processing.

Yes east coast is correct and I will finish reading the hints link that
you sent.  I'm working on removing the redhat-config tools right now.

Thanks for your help.

> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
> Serendipity 01:56:36 up 5 days, 22:36, load average: 0.77, 0.61, 0.38
> --

Dave Lester
dlester at davenet.org
http://www.davenet.org