Kernel Building

Dominick Mandato mrchikonky at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:35:11 UTC 2004

Hello!
     I am having fun building the Kernel.  Actually I'm trying to get my
Linksys WPC11 Ver 4 wireless lan card working with my Dell Inspiron 2650
laptop.  My first Kernel was not successful of course but my second one was,
my only problem is that when I try to install the PCMCIA-CS rpm against my
newly built kernel, it says it can't because of another version that's
already installed!  Also, when I try to use the WLAN-NG driver it fails
also, says it can't find pcmcia in /usr/src/pcmcia-cs.  I'm in no rush, I
have been working at this oh, for about three weeks now!  I like linux, it
makes you think but sometimes I wish the solutions were in front of my face
and not stuffed in some HOWTO or MAN page!  If someone can help me or get me
pointed in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!
Dom