Fedora For Kids

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 26 14:34:15 UTC 2004

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 13:46 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>>Christopher A. Williams wrote:

>>>Had a quick look. I smell ActiveX controls...
>

>>I did a quick look and I didn't find anything that didn't work on my
>>machine.  I only followed about 10 links.
>>
>>If it is ActiveX, I would have it disabled anyways as I find ActiveX
>>is a security risk that I wouldn't want my kids to have any control
>>over.
>

> Did you try the doll maker? The page loads, but none of the doll making
> tools actually load or are visible. Looking over the source seemed to
> point to a host of ActiveX components. I could be wrong though -
> wouldn't be the first time... <grin>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> ======================
> When the solution is simple,
> God is answering.
>
> -- Albert Einstein

Tried the doll maker and it wouldn't work.  Looked at the source code
and I think the problem is it is using Microsofts version of Java.
Seems to have calls that are not it Real Java.  Of course if this is
true, they are going to get more problems as MS has to provide real java.

Email the site and complain.  Also mention the recent agreement and
court case that MS lost to SUN and that Microsofs version of Java
isn't going to be supported in the future.
--
Robin Laing