invalid compressed format (err=1) Loadin is to blame?

Trying to load fedora core 2 on a Dell Optiplex GX pro which does not
support booting from cd-rom.  After several downloads, burning cd's, and
running loadin (loadlin d:isolinux\vmlinuz initrd=d:isolinux\initrd.img)
  I continue to get the compressed format error.

Poking around on the web I found info that basically says the loadin
will not work with the fedora core 2 images.

Is there another utility available?  This is the only machine I have.

tks.