Re: Evolution Question

Douglas Furlong wrote:
Yes, this I know, I meant for some one to pipe up and walk this
individual through their configuration to work out.
A) Is the person REALLY using Dovecot (he didn't seem sure).
B) If he is running dovecot, and is not running it as an IMAP server,
then to show him how to run it as an IMAP server.

Not for some one to pipe up, and tell me what I already know, but
provide little benefit to the original poster :p

OK then, the output of command:

chkconfig dovecot --list

should indicate if dovecot is set up to be running or not.

If the OP posts the output of:

egrep '^[^#]' /etc/dovecot.conf

then we'll see how the server is configured. On my machine, serving pop3 internally and pop3s externally, there are only 12 lines of output from this command; configuration is quite simple for most purposes.

Paul.