Evolution Question

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Oct 26 15:24:48 UTC 2004

Douglas Furlong wrote:
> Yes, this I know, I meant for some one to pipe up and walk this
> individual through their configuration to work out.
> A) Is the person REALLY using Dovecot (he didn't seem sure).
> B) If he is running dovecot, and is not running it as an IMAP server,
> then to show him how to run it as an IMAP server.
>
> Not for some one to pipe up, and tell me what I already know, but
> provide little benefit to the original poster :p

OK then, the output of command:

chkconfig dovecot --list

should indicate if dovecot is set up to be running or not.

If the OP posts the output of:

egrep '^[^#]' /etc/dovecot.conf

then we'll see how the server is configured. On my machine, serving pop3
internally and pop3s externally, there are only 12 lines of output from this
command; configuration is quite simple for most purposes.

Paul.