Promise FastTrack drivers for FC2

Omar Castañeda Acosta omar at idea.com.mx
Tue Oct 26 16:50:48 UTC 2004

3ware 9000 does have native support under FC2. Just not on the installation.
All you need to do is to update to the latest kernel version (2.6.8-1.521 as of now) which includes the 3w-9xxx driver. Then recreate your init disk image (mkinitrd) after changing the "/etc/modprobe.conf" to load the 3w_9xxx driver after your boot drive.

Now, if you want to boot using the 3ware 9000, you'll need to create your own installation disk for FC2 using the latest kernel version. On this, I cannot help, I know it's possible but have no idea on how to do it.

Omar