Re: Multiple Network Cards

Paul,

> What's the output of:
>    more /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* /etc/modprobe.conf

Thank you - it's easy when you know where to look.  eth1 and eth2 weren't
set to start at boot, whereas eth0 and eth3 were.  I have no idea how they
got that way and had completely overlooked the checkbox on the network
configuration screen, but setting that made them come up and stay up.  A
'service network restart' now works exactly as I would expect.

Now to go back to the bridge theme - where is the best place to set
the 0.0.0.0 IP addresses ?  In the network config, or should I leave
that all in place and just reconfigure everything in rc.local ?

Do the 'brctl' setting endure across boot sessions, or does the bridge
need defining and setting up at every boot or network restart ?

Jonathan