Xorg re-configuring at reboot

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Tue Oct 26 19:59:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 11:19, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> What has changed so it no longer  returns 'sane' values? What does
> that mean anyway?

    I can't tell. That's the exact verbage I saw from an older version
of XFree86, after one time of reading negative numbers on an even older
version....once.  In short, the mechanism to deliver the frequencies of
the monitor are there...but they don't make sense.

> >     Is anyone else seeing this?
> I assume you have been installing the NVIDIA drivers with every kernel
> upgrade? Yes?

    Right.  I'm aware of '521 being out there, but I run on '435 because
it doesn't 'pause' for as much as three seconds at a time during OpenGL
sessions like UnrealTournament, Quake3, etc.  But this is the one
installed _from_ Nvidia; nothing more complicated than that.

    Any clues?  It's really weird.

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller