Docking Station

Mitch Wiedemann mc2 at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 26 20:29:46 UTC 2004

> Mike Westkamper wrote:
>
>I have a Compaq Armada M700. I installed FC2 and it works fine.
>When I put it into the docking station and power up, it progresses to the
>point where X windows would normally start and freezes.
>
>There seems no indication in the /var/log/messages or dmesg.
>
>Any ideas?

I once had a Dell C600 with a similar problem. It wouldn't freeze, but
it wouldn't display X on the monitor either. I added some lines to my
XF86Config, in the Device section (I believe), and commented or
uncommented them as needed.

Option "Output" "LCD"
Option "Output" "CRT"

At some point I just nixed the port replicator and plugged the monitor
directly in to the computer, and used the computer's "Fn + Video" toggle
buttons.

I think that the C600 was using the "ati" driver.  Try reading the man
page for your video driver to see what its options are.

Best of luck,

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc^2 Computer Consulting